Victoria Falls Bridge Swing
The Bridge Swing requires you to step off the historic Victoria Falls in an upright position; freefalling 80 metres over the mighty Zambezi River into the Batoka Gorge. Your rope tightens and you swing across the gorge like a human pendulum.
Duration: 1 Hour
If you’re nervous to do the Bridge Swing on your own, you can opt to do a tandem swing with a friend or family member or one of Shearwater’s experienced team members. This activity is managed by Shearwater Victoria Falls who have been running a successful operation for over 40 years. They take the risk of these and other adrenalin-pumping activities extremely seriously and your safety is a priority.
Friendly cancellation & refund policy
Full refund if cancelled due to weather. Cancellation fee can be witheld if cancelled with short notice.
- Transfers from/to hotels and safari lodges on the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls
- Items of a personal nature
- Bring your passport because this activity takes place on the Victoria Falls Bridge which falls on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia; a visa is not required.
- Personalised DVDs and photographs are taken of every swing and are made immediately available for viewing and purchase.
- Minimum age requirement: 14 years and older or 40 kilograms; persons under 18 years must have the written consent of parent or adult guardian. Management retains the right to turn a child away at their own discretion if they feel the child is not able to cope with the experience
- Maximum weight restriction: 160 kilograms There is no maximum age requirement
- The bridge swing is not suitable for people with the following conditions: pregnant, epileptic, hypertensive or have a existing/previous back injury
- There is no maximum age limit. Maximum weight: 140 kilograms Tandem swing harnesses are available; swing with a friend/family member or an experienced guide